Nominations must be in writing and submitted by someone other than the nominee at the annual New York State Directors Meeting. Applicant must have been a member in good standing of the NYSSA during their shooting career. Applicant’s legal domicile must be New York State.
It is MANDATORY that all male shooters have at least 2 NYS gun championships. It is also MANDATORY that all Lady shooters have a minimum of 10 lady state championships.
Both must also have 3 of the following 4:
- Ten NYS concurrent titles
- Five years selected to NYS open or concurrent team
- 35,000 registered targets
- Ten open gun championships in New York State (exclusive of NYS titles)
SPORTSMAN DIVISION (4 OF 7)
- NYSSA officer or executive committee member (two terms)
- NSSA director or officer (two terms)
- State director (five terms)
- Club President (two terms)
- Shoot Manager (ten shoots)
- 75,000 registered targets
- Outstanding service and promotion of skeet
Works 5 shoots per year for 10 years plus: (3 OF 4)
- World Championships Referee – 2 occasions
- Zone and/or US Open Championships Referee – five occasions
- Chief, Assistant Chief – five “major” shoots as defined by NSSA
THE ROLAND SMITH AWARD
The Roland Smith Award, established by the Zone 1 Directors in honor of Roland Smith, will be awarded separately from the Hall of Fame. It is not subject to the criteria shown here and is awarded to an NYSSA member in recognition to contributions at the NSSA level.
Only one person may receive the Roland Smith Award in a given year and this award is not to be given every year. However, all recipients of the Roland Smith Award will be members of the New York State Hall of Fame.
contact: [email protected]